Amsterdam Mamas is a not-for-profit foundation that provides reliable information and support for international parents in Amsterdam and the surrounding regions.
We foster an environment that is:
Inclusive: we welcome everyone.
Non-judgmental: make sure that parents and families have the best information, on a wide variety of issues and standpoints
Supportive: we know that even in the city, it takes a village.
• Maintain a highly active website and Facebook forum
• Organize annual events and monthly meet-ups
• Deliver weekly newsletters
• Provide support to parents in need (while protecting the parents’ identities)
• Run an activities database and business directory
• Our membership comprises almost 100 different nationalities.
• Amsterdam Mamas has over 12,000 mamas and papas members on its Facebook forum. Over 45% of our members visit our website at least once a week.
• The Weekend Round Up newsletter has around 4,500 readers. Over 40% of our community read our newsletters weekly.
• 500+ participants attended the 2014 Vintage Tram Ride Christmas event and tickets sold out in less than 24 hours!
Emmy McCarthy – Managing Director and Founder of Stichting Amsterdam Mamas
Rachel Perry – Editor-in-Chief
Mèdia Donyadari van Westering - Partnership Manager
Susy Wheeler - Volunteer and Resource Manager
Amber Buckridge - Events Manager
Becky Riddle - Operations Manager
Silvia Chirnos Owen - Community Manager